re: "Bonde" Jokes from Karl Strickland

Larry Glaze (glaze@rclsgi.eng.ohio-state.edu)
Wed, 31 May 1995 16:13:13 -0400 (EDT)

> On Tue, 30 May 1995, Eric Conrad wrote:
>
> > Hasn't it ocurred to anyone that a really simple denial of service
> > attack vs. bugtraq would be to send fakemail nonsense 'from' known
> > security folks to bugtraq?
>
> 	Karl normally includes a .sig, whoever's faking did really well
> at faking at _forgot the sig_, I dunno some people. I'd be surprised if
> he was sending this, he seems to have quite a few enemies.

Well, I don't think I have ever seen Neil Woods post anything without the
 'like a badger...' .sig at the end, until the last message about going out
drinking.  I would say either Karl and Neil are bored and don't care about
this mailing list anymore, or someone is having fun at their expense.  I tend
to think it is the latter.  As for being off topic, I would say this is as
much on topic as anything else for this mailing list.  Here we have (probably)
someone sending fake mail to a security mailing list and nobody knows if it
really is fake or not. :-)

Larry
--
Larry Glaze				|	"...Life's a bummer..."
The Ohio State University		|		--Smashing Pumpkins